Get ready for heavy rain and flooding this weekend. Hurricane Harvey is expected to hit the Gulf Coast on Friday or Saturday and send a tropical storm our way.
Officials advise having enough water and food for at least three days, any necessary medications, and an evacuation plan.
Also, don’t drive through flooded roadways, officials warn. That puts lives at risk, including responders. Rescue fees include $640.00 per driver and passenger. And driving around barricades can bring penalties of $2,000 and 180 days in jail.
Emergency and help numbers:
- All emergencies, dial 911
- Report low-water crossings without barricades or signals, 207-7273 (SAPD)
- Report outages or non-emergency requests for city services, such as traffic light malfunctions and debris on roads, dial 311
- Residents in unincorporated city areas can dial (210) 335-6000
Updates and road closures:
Official communications channels:
- Ready South Texas App – download to access evacuation maps, safe routes, shelter information, receive alerts, and create a personal emergency plan
- City Texts – receive messages from the city by texting COSAGOV to 55000