Closed captioning information
I don't see closed captions on the video I'm watching
For online closed captioning feedback, please contact:
Vice President of Engineering
San Antonio, TX 78215
Phone: (210) 270-9000
Fax: (210) 270-9078
Please make sure that your feedback includes all of the information required by the Federal Communications Commission:
- Your name, postal address, and other contact information, such as telephone number or e-mail address
- The name, postal address, website, or e-mail address of the video programming distributor and/or video programming owner against which a complaint is made, and information sufficient to identify the particular video programming involved
- Information sufficient to identify the software or device used to view the program
- The date and time of the incident, and a statement of the facts sufficient to show that the video programming distributor and/or video programming owner has violated the requirements
- The specific relief sought
- The preferred format or method of response to the feedback
Closed captioning quality certification
All programming provided by KLRN Public Television complies with the closed captioning requirements established by the Federal Communications Commission as embodied in 47 C.F.R. § 79.1, including regulations concerning closed captioning quality.
Programming provided by KLRN complies with these regulations by either: (i) satisfying the caption quality standards set forth in 47 C.F.R. § 79.1(j)(2); (ii) adopting and following the “Video Programmer Best Practices” set forth in 47 C.F.R. § 79.1(k)(1); or (iii) being subject to one or more of the captioning exemptions set forth in 47 C.F.R. § 79.1(d), including programming for which the audio is in a language other than English or Spanish and that is not scripted programming that can be captioned using the “electronic news room” technique; interstitial material, promotional announcements, and public service announcements that are 10 minutes or less in duration; and/or programming that consists primarily of non-vocal music.
KLRN is PBS. No one else does what we do.
We get kids ready to learn and we give you opportunities to explore the world around you. We are America’s largest classroom, we turn your living room into the nation’s largest stage for the arts, and we provide a trusted window to the world—and have for over 50 years. Spend some time with us.
Memorials & Tributes
Your contribution to the KLRN Endowment Fund, Inc., either in memory of a loved one or in honor of a special friend or occasion, is a perpetual gift that will help provide for the future of KLRN public television for generations to come. The principle remains untouched, and only a small percentage of earnings on the principle is distributed to the station.
To make a gift, contact Lauren Esquivel at email@example.com or call her at (210) 208-8446. You may also call the station at (210) 270-9000 and ask for Lauren.