Find even more of your favorite PBS programs on Roku
Last Updated by
KLRN members can now access even more of their favorite PBS programs on Roku, thanks to a new PBS Video Roku channel that rolled out over the weekend.
The update added KLRN Passport, a catalog with thousands of hours of programs available exclusively to supporters of public television.
If you are not a current donor, you can get access to KLRN Passport for a year with a one-time contribution of $60 or more. Or you can sign up to be a KLRN Sustainer and receive KLRN Passport uninterrupted for $5 a month.
To access Passport videos on Roku:
- Enter the PBS channel on Roku.
- At the top of the channel go to the Settings menu.
- In the settings menu, at the bottom, there is an option to Deactivate Device. Select this option. The screen will not change.
- Leave the PBS channel and go back to the main screen of the Roku. This will give the PBS channel the time to reset and deactivate itself.
- Enter the PBS channel again. You will see a new screen saying the channel needs to be activated.
- This new screen will give you activation instructions and an activation code, seven characters in length. Enter this code at http://www.pbs.org/activate.
- After you hit continue, you will be brought to a new page asking you to sign in with a Google, Facebook, or PBS account. Choose the account you activated Passport with.
- You will see a screen that your Roku has been activated. Return to the Roku where it will automatically update and you can begin watching Passport videos.
We hope enjoy Passport across any/all platforms.
If you ever need assistance:
- During business hours, call us at (210) 270-9000 or email email@example.com
- After hours or weekends, call the Passport Team at (855) 761-6024 or email firstname.lastname@example.org