How to do a double re-scan if you are having reception issues
Last Updated by
If you watch KLRN over-the-air and are having problems receiving our signal, the first thing you should try is a double re-scan.
- Disconnect the antenna lead-in from the input on your TV (or DTV receiver).
- Go to the Set-Up menu of your TV (or DTV receiver) and find the command to “Scan for New Stations” and run that command. Let it finish.
- Turn off and UNPLUG your TV (or DTV receiver) from the electrical power. Leave it unplugged for at least five minutes.
- Re-connect the lead-in from your antenna to your TV (or DTV receiver).
- Plug in and turn on your TV (or DTV receiver).
- Return to the Set-Up Menu of your TV (or DTV receiver) and once again run the “Scan for New Stations” command.
Once you have tried this, if you are still having trouble, please e-mail our engineering department at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will help you troubleshoot.
If you have other questions, you can visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.