• A 1999 study concluded that high quality child care continues to positively predict a child’s performance well into elementary school.
• Children enrolled in preschool were 46% more likely to have completed high school.
• Reading achievement levels were higher for participants who received early childhood education.
• Researchers found that by age 27, younger adults who had participated in early childhood education programs earned 60% more than those who did not.
• Employment rates were 30% higher for adults who had received early childhood education.
Return on Investment
• A recent return on investment analysis of child care in
• For every $1 invested in early education, there is a $7.26 saving in the cost of crime, special education, welfare, etc.